Due to situations arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, the WATCH Portal is temporarily offline.
If you are seeking assistance with child care, here are some related sites which might help you:
What is the WATCH Portal?
The WATCH portal connects Harvard faculty and staff who are looking for child care, tutoring, or odd job services with Harvard students and students in Harvard-affiliated households who can offer these services.
Eligible households can post jobs or browse profiles of providers. Providers can respond to posted jobs or post their own profile and availability.
- The Watch Portal serves as a clearinghouse for the convenience of members of the Harvard community who wish to offer or obtain caregiving, tutoring/mentoring, and/or odd job services or to sponsor family household members to offer caregiving, tutoring/mentoring, and/or odd job services.
- Harvard University does not screen Student Providers and also does not screen other Portal users.
- Student Providers are not Harvard employees and are retained solely by the individuals who procure the caregiving, tutoring/mentoring, and/or odd job services.
- Harvard cannot and does not make any representations about Student Providers or about the faculty and staff using this site (other than the current employment status of those Harvard faculty and staff members).
- Harvard also makes no representations about the services provided.
Who can use WATCH?
Harvard faculty, most Harvard staff, and some types of postdoctoral fellows are eligible to post jobs and browse provider listings.
Harvard students who are active degree candidates in FAS, SEAS, GSAS, or one of the Professional Schools can respond to posted jobs and post their own profiles as providers.
Family members of eligible Harvard faculty and staff can also respond and post as providers, provided they are full-time highschool or college students and at least 15 years old.
For more information, including specific guidelines about faculty and staff eligibility, visit the "Am I Eligible?" page of the WATCH portal.