Learn more about opportunities and problems posed by the increase in social media and new technology.
Living Your Professional Life Online
A wide-ranging, town-hall conversation about how the expansion of the online world changes academic professional life.
Panelists discussed expanding readership and finding new research possibilities, building an online persona, misattributed / misunderstood / stolen work, and "practical pointers and cool tools" to find audiences and collaborators, not pirates and trolls.
To encourage frank interaction, this event was not videotaped but event notes are available.
Managing Your Online Reputation
Academic Uses of Social Media
A discussion about adopting and implementing new communication and networking tools, followed by a keynote from social media thought leader danah boyd.
Perry Hewitt - Social Media Resources at Harvard
danah boyd - Embracing a Culture of Connectivity
Resources and Centers
Harvard Web Publishing for Faculty
- Easily create and manage your scholarly website
Derek Bok Center for Teaching & Learning
- Developing and showcasing innovative and experimental teaching practices
Berkman Center for Internet & Society
- Research center on the dynamics and needs of cyberspace
FAS Instructional Media Services
- Providing classroom and event support for media and technology
HUIT Resources for Faculty
- Central IT faculty resources (Requires HarvardKey)
HUIT Academic Technology for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Supporting the thoughtful use of technology in teaching and learning at FAS
HLS Media Services
- IT and Media services at Harvard Law School
HKS Strengthening Learning and Teaching Excellence (SLATE) Initiative Gallery
- Projects that advance teaching and learning at HKS (Requires HarvardKey)
Style Guidelines & Best Practices
- Resources for designers and communicators about Harvard-specific elements (Requires HarvardKey)
Harvard Mobile Apps
- University-wide app to improve the mobile experience of people interacting with Harvard's campus