For faculty new to Harvard University, navigating a highly decentralized organization consisting of several Schools, each with its own culture and systems can be daunting. To ensure that new ladder faculty are welcomed to the University and equipped with information necessary to get started in their teaching and research endeavors, the Office of Faculty Development & Diversity (FD&D) hosts the New Faculty Institute, and other events throughout the academic year. Resources available across the University for new ladder faculty, as well as frequently asked questions, can be accessed through the FD&D website.
New Faculty Institute
This half-day event is designed to give you an opportunity to meet the other new faculty from all across Harvard and to introduce you to the numerous resources available to you throughout the University. We will also have panels of distinguished faculty who will share their perspectives on how to approach scholarly work and effectively contribute to your department, the University, and your field(s).
- New Faculty Institute 2016
- New Faculty Institute 2015
- New Faculty Institute 2014
- New Faculty Institute 2013
- New Faculty Institute 2012
- New Faculty Institute 2011
- New Faculty Institute 2010
- New Faculty Institute 2009
- View the full YouTube playlist here
- Scholars at Harvard
- HILT - Harvard Initiative for Learning &Teaching
- Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning
- C. Roland Christensen Center for Teaching & Learning