- Harvard Faculty Finder (HFF) provides, for the first time, a search and browse interface to Harvard faculty on a University-wide basis, to help students, faculty, and others identify Harvard faculty on the basis of research and teaching expertise.
- The HFF project was developed and approved under the auspices of the Harvard Academic Computing Committee.
HFF is not a faculty profiles tool and does not attempt to aggregate comprehensive faculty information. Instead, HFF indexes and links existing sources of public information to enable cross-school faculty search and browse, including topic search.
- Data sources include faculty publications, courses taught, directory information, and various public websites. A web services interface allows other systems to extract data for use in a wide range of applications across the University.
- HFF is a work-in-progress and will remain in beta until it has been widely tested and the feedback is positive. To submit comments or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HFF leverages open source technologies developed at Harvard Medical School, including Harvard Catalyst Profiles, and also uses publication data provided by Thomson Reuters.
By accessing or otherwise using the Harvard Faculty Finder website, you agree not to use the Harvard Faculty Finder website or its content (1) in any way that violates any applicable law (including but not limited to copyright law) or the rights of third parties whose content is available in Harvard Faculty Finder; (2) in connection with mass mailings or other unsolicited communications (sometimes known as "spamming"); or (3) in any other manner that violates Harvard’s policies.
Harvard Faculty Finder contains information from a variety of sources, including faculty publications, directory information, and various other public websites. Harvard does not verify the accuracy of the information prior to its inclusion in Harvard Faculty Finder. Harvard makes no representations or warranties of any kind (express, implied or otherwise) with respect to the use of the Harvard Faculty Finder or its content, including but not limited to the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any information contained therein or any copyrights or other intellectual property rights related thereto.
In addition to containing data from existing sources of public information, Harvard Faculty Finder also contains article publication data provided to Harvard by Thomson Reuters. This data is reproduced under a license from Thomson Reuters. You may not copy or re-destribute the Thomson Reuters data in whole or in part without the written consent of the science business of Thomson Reuters.
If you have questions about Harvard Faculty Finder, please email email@example.com.