Over the past ten years, diversity has steadily increased among Harvard's tenured faculty, while holding steady within the tenure-track.
At FAS, more than 1 in 4 tenured faculty are women and more than 1 in 5 are minorities. Diversity varies between Divisions, especially for tenure-track faculty.
Faculty diversity varies at the Professional Schools as well, with larger percentages of women and minority faculty in the tenure-track ranks.
- Ladder faculty counts are as of 9/1/17 and may vary from those published by individual Schools due to differences in when data are pulled.
- Ladder faculty with multiple appointments are counted once at the University level and once within each of their Schools. As such, the sum of the School counts will be greater than that of the University.
- Tenured faculty include the ranks of tenured Professor, tenured Professor in Practice (in the Graduate School of Design), and Professor in Residence.
- Tenure-track faculty include the ranks of Convertible Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in Practice, and Associate Professor in Practice.
- Clinical and hospital-affiliated faculty in the Medical and Dental Schools are listed in our full annual report.